Monday, September 28, 2009

32 Weeks Preggers

Ok. I'm officially in my 8th month today and the sky hasn't fallen so I'm in a miraculously good mood right now. This sunny outlook on the day is especially unexpected given my extreme lack of sleep last night, being in a natural gas regulation hearing right now, and the fact that much of the work I've done over the last couple of weeks to cover my boss' ass has today been attributed to one of my male coworkers. In other words, it should be the perfect storm of crappy days but for some reason I'm not feeling like committing homicide.

The Baby Center update can be found by clicking on this while the 3d picture and information page can be found here. I'm a bit worried by some of the stuff mentioned in the 3d blurb though...like what the hell is a "snot sucker" and do I even want to know what it looks like??? Quite frankly, I'm a bit scared to Google it because it sounds horrible and more than mildly disgusting. Can't I just skip that and have the pediatrician do whatever that entails? Maybe Bug will be a child prodigy and just blow obligingly when I ask her to? On second thought, I don't want to waste her allotment of extraordinary characteristics/abilities on blowing her nose at birth so scratch that.

Eeeeew! I'm grossing myself out by talking about something called a snot sucker and I don't even have a clue what the hell it is. Just the fact that I have to type that phrase - "SNOT SUCKER" - makes me feel like I should just give it all up: throw out my makeup, put my hair up in a messy pony tail, buy those mommy jeans and slip behind the wheel of that shiny new minivan where I can sing "The Wheels On The Bus Go Round and Round" until the day I die.

This is hardly the glamorous "Carrie Bradshaw" life I envisioned when I was younger, you know? I bet you could watch every damn episode of Sex in the City and not once hear the phrase "SNOT SUCKER" uttered. Not once, I tell you!

No comments:

Post a Comment