Monday, August 17, 2009

Week 26

Although this baby isn’t as cute as Bug, I have to admit he or she sure is a cutie pie.


My OB has ramped up my ultrasound schedule to every 3 weeks or so which is both good and bad. I am now working a shorter week so every minute at work is precious BUT (of course) I also get to see Bug on a regular basis which is way cool. Hopefully the little Bugger cooperates and shows her cute little mug once in awhile (and by once in awhile I really mean every single time I go in for an ultrasound).


The Baby Center update is here...like last week, it is rather cheap with the baby facts. Quite honestly, most of the time I could care less about most of the mommy crap they talk about: I HAVE AN OB WHO WILL TELL ME ALL THAT. Call me crazy but I don't think I'm being unreasonable expecting a site called "Baby Center" to have lots of baby factoids.


That being said, I do like getting advanced warning of some of the stuff I can expect at certain stages. Advanced warning was pretty much the only thing that kept me from taking the potato peeler to my stomach last night when I woke up insanely itchy and I’m sure I’ll benefit from knowing scratching makes your stretch marks worse. However, I am far more interested in what little Bug is up to these days than I am about itchiness, linea negra, and stretch marks.


There was one thing that stopped me short in my tracks...on the Baby Center website Week 26 is in the third trimester section of their pregnancy timeline.

Ummm...

I think for the sake of my sanity I'm going to put on the blinders and simply pretend I'm in my second trimester until I give birth...it sounds less stressful somehow. That way I can tra-la-la my way through the rest of this pregnancy without any worries, telling myself I have all the time in the world. Of course, once I hit months 8 and 9 everyone will be a little confused when I calmly inform them I'm still in my second trimester but that's their problem, not mine.


The 3d rotatable pic and blurb are here and the Visible Embryo's update and very creepy pic is here. I am starting to have serious questions about the V.E.'s artist because the baby pics are starting to take on a decidedly satanic appearance...perhaps some therapy is in order?

My update: I'm feeling pretty good most of the time although Bug is getting strong enough to wake me out of a deep sleep when she decides it is time for a Revolution of the Dance Dance variety. I guess having a child that weighs 2 pounds pinging around in your belly isn’t always going to be particularly comfortable.


Yesterday we bought her a couple of bedtime stories: "Goodnight Moon" and "Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb" so we can read to her while she's inside my belly. Apparently, it is a good way for her to get to know our voices and for her to get to know these stories so she'll find them soothing after she's born. I read Goodnight Moon to her last night but instead of soothing her, she seemed to take it as a signal to host an all night kegger...most definitely NOT the intended effect.

Quite frankly, I'm a bit worried about what Hand Hand Fingers Thumb might do tonight since it is a story about a bazillion bloody monkeys playing the drums. I'm thinking it might be wise to rework it just a teensy bit so I can get some sleep. Do you think she'll buy that the story is actually about a bazillion little girls all calmly sitting down to tea or cleaning their rooms?


Cripes, I’m so screwed, aren’t I?

No comments:

Post a Comment