Saturday, June 6, 2009

Droopy Drawers Diana Hits 16 Weeks!

Apparently, Droopy Drawers Diana is a much better name for what I look like during this in-between stage than Saggyass McPreggerton (thanks Heather!).

So here we are -16 weeks into it...4 months into it...a few pounds into it. It is so weird because I sometimes look at my stomach and think I should be weighing so much more than I am but that's the magic of pregnancy. Baby, bloat and amniotic fluid take up lots of space but don't weigh as much as you might think.

The Baby Center update is here...have you noticed how so far they've almost always compared a child's size to produce? Strangely, I've never read, "so this week your child is the size of a Swingline stapler" or "this week you baby has graduated to the size of a roll of hockey tape!" (ooh aah) Guess they know a pregnant woman's mind is almost always on her next few meals so the fruit and veggie analogies are more likely to receive a positive response...I know I'm all about the food these days. Wonder why they haven't used a Mars Bar or a Vachon Caramel cake as a reference size yet though...THAT would certainly get my attention.

Note to self: start new internet site for pregnant women with junk food references liberally sprinkled throughout. Buy stocks in Nestle, Cadbury, Mars, Lays, Coca-Cola and Vachon. Sit back. Watch the chaos. Get obscenely rich.

Here's the 3D pic and blurb for this week and the Visible Embryo is yakking on about Bug's fingerprints this week.

Besides spending an inordinate amount of time trying to find something in my closet that hides my expanding waistline, I haven't really been up to a whole helluva lot that is blogworthy this week...you know, besides plotting my new evil junk food empire preying on the pregnant women of the world. Bwahahahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment