Monday, October 19, 2009

Thirty Five

Today I hit the 35 week mark...aand I'm now 35 days away from my official due date. I feel like I should go buy a lotto ticket with the number 35 on it or something but I'm sure I'll forget all about it before I could make it to the store. Happily, I remember that I do NOT have 35 days of work left (8 of those left, including today ... cha cha cha!) so that's where the numeric coincidences end.

Baby Center's update for this week can be found here. A few things they mention that aren't accurate for me: Bug is estimated to be larger than the average (and taller), my belly button hasn't popped out although it is looking rather strrrrrrrretched these days, and I'm no longer breathless because Bug has dropped. The 3d pic and blurb are here and happily, this week my 'puter is letting me look at the picture. awww so cute.

Sigh. Today is a Monday. And, despite an earlier post when I said I no longer resent Mondays, I find myself resenting the hell out of this one. Of course, that may have something to do with my lack of sleep (now becoming chronic) rather than the day itself. Bug has now officially decided that she likes the night life and she's got to boogie...on the disco round, oh yea (and yes, that's me quoting song lyrics) Unfortunately, Bug isn't afraid to express that love of all things nocturnal in the form of dance...painful, prolonged dance that can - for some perverse reason - only take place between the hours of 10pm and 3am.

I'm quite literally sitting up at night hoping those disgusting internal popping noises I hear while she's tripping the light fantastic aren't my ribs breaking. I know that sounds like an exaggeration...but it isn't. It really, REALLY isn't. I'm going to spend my lunch hour today curled up on a loveseat here at work while hoping to God that Bug is so worn out from last night's exertions that she'll actually let me rest for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment