Monday, May 11, 2009

Week 12 from New Brunswick

So this update is coming to you straight from exciting, metropolitan Saint John, New Brunswick...the burg that never sleeps. (insert sarcasm here)

I've actually spent much of my time here so far wondering what the hell anyone does in Saint John other than pretend to work, drink until they drool, and freeze their asses off 'cause I haven't seen much else going on, let me tell you. The people are nice enough...very friendly and funny but I would seriously slit my wrists with a fruit spoon if I ever had to live here just out of sheer boredom.

Why am I here? (I've asked myself that numerous times since arriving, believe me...) I'm at a work conference being held here this year desperately wishing I was going to be there next year instead (next year it is in Montreal) but by next May I'll be up to my armpits in baby vomit and dirty diapers and definitely not on the list of those eligible to attend. Am I happy about that? About the bodily fluids part, not so much...but the baby part? Most definitely worth missing a trip to Montreal.

And on that note...here's the Baby Center update for this week. The Visible Embryo's Update is here and the 3D pic of Bug is here.

Overall things are good but I have to admit that it has been a bit challenging attending morning sessions when my body is convinced it really four hours earlier. I've been getting up and going to sessions that start at 4:30 to 4:45 in the morning, Vancouver time. I think I should get a bloody medal for doing that, let alone for doing it while pregnant! However, before you write my boss an indignant email, I'll admit that I have been known to crawl off in a middle of a particularly boring session for a cat nap but only when my body was in full mutiny mode.

From the looks of this week's picture, babies are pretty comfy at this stage...but what the hell is that at the top: a disco ball? I wouldn't be surprised if Bug has already moved in some Malm furniture from IKEA because my jeans are feeling a bit tighter and before you ask, no, that couldn't possibly have anything to do with my steady diet of shellfish and garlic butter over the last four days...

1 comment:

  1. I love that you mentioned MALM..... I could see at least two MALM dressers and a MALM bed comfortably fitting in the womb! Baby bug needs to be comfortable.

    ReplyDelete