Friday, November 20, 2009

Day 4719 AKA week 39 plus 5 days

So...for all you people who are calling and texting on a daily basis here is a hint: THE BABY HAS NOT YET COME AND NO, YOU COULDN'T POSSIBLY BE MORE SORRY ABOUT THAT THAN I AM RIGHT NOW.

I hurt in places and ways I never thought possible (think pelvis meets baseball bat in high speed collision + lower spine twisted into a pretzel with a sprinkle of headache and you get the idea).

I sleep once in a blue moon and I've seen more infomercials than I care to count as a result.

I've discovered the joys of Zantac and the impossibility of eating properly when your stomach is being compressed by a baby the size of Godzilla.

Quite frankly, I don't give a shit what Baby Center has to say about week 39 but if for some reason you do, here's the link. Apparently, they want me to take comfort in the fact that only 25% of women deliver on or before this week. Not really comforting. The 3d website is ok but again, it is trying to reassure me that it isn't at all abnormal for women to carry their babies longer than their EDD.

Quite frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment