Monday, February 8, 2010

Baby Math

1 baby/2 months old + 3 needles = crying females x 2

Today Scott and I took Brynn in for her first set of immunizations. umm...I was warned that it would be tough but that just doesn't do this whole crappy experience justice. I've spent most of the day trying not to mentally relive the moment when she freeeeeeeeeaked out because of the first needle. Her sweet little face went from cutely happy to confused to completely pissed in no time flat. Scott swears she looked at him as though asking, "why? why did you do this to me?"

While I've spent the balance of the day wallowing in guilt, Brynn has been laying on or beside me making sleepy "happy kitty" noises (her version of snoring sounds like a cat purring) and I'm left to wonder if I didn't get the raw end of this deal. She suffered for a couple of minutes but I can guarantee this is going to haunt me for days.

Maybe next time they can give me the shots and she can watch me cry?

No comments:

Post a Comment