Wednesday, January 5, 2011

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz - huh?

I'm beginning to wonder if the stories I've heard about children sleeping through the night are a societal boondoggle - a nice, tidy little flotable ring of a fable everyone quietly agrees must be thrown out there to help drowning parents stay afloat until their kids do finally sleep like babies supposedly do...and apparently don't.

When Brynn slept in the bed with us for the first couple of months, she often did sleep through the night but since then????

Not so bloody much.

Given the chance, she sleeps in but instead of our old "roll out of bed, fumble around looking for a bathrobe, stumble down the stairs and feed her a bottle once a night" routine, we're now getting up to do it twice! Ummm...how is that a step towards the mythical night of uninterrupted sleep, dammit!

The hard truth: it isn't.

I don't know if she's getting up more often because she's growing.
I don't know if she's getting up more often because she's teething.
I don't know if she's getting up more often because the wind is changing direction outside her bedroom window or because the temperature/dew point spread is not to her liking.

I don't know and I don't care. I'm too tired to care. I'm too tired to do much of anything except say, "Sleeeeep, baby sleeeeep."

No comments:

Post a Comment