Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Truth and Dare

Truth: I'm in love.

No, not just love, I'm talking lovelove. Love that starts with a capital "L". Love that mows you over, chews you up and then spits you out kind of Love. I always knew I would love my BabyBug but this? There's just no preparing yourself for this.

Dare: I dare you - any of you...all of you - not to feel that same insanity when looking at your your own child.

It is impossible for me to look at her and not feel capital "L" Love. I feel it when she smiles at me. I feel it when she cries. I feel it when I see how her little back curves when Scott picks her up at night to carry her to bed.

Don't get me wrong. I haven't gone to the "M" zone. I'm not running out to buy mommy jeans and I'm not going to spend the rest of my life boring people with stories of how amazing little Brynn is (although, let me assure you that she is pretty fucking amazing haha). I'm still planning mani/pedi dates with the girls and I've still got plenty to talk about besides the awesomeness that is my little girl. However...the truth of it is...this mommy thing is pretty sweet because absolutely nothing beats the curve of my little baby's cheek or the sweetness of her giggles when I kiss her in the morning and I have no problems bragging about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment