Friday, April 22, 2011

Embolisms of the Pulmonary Persuation

I woke up on last Saturday morning to a totally unexpected news flash: my mom is mortal.

My dad had to take my mom to the hospital the night before for what turned out to be a pulmonary embolism (a blood clot in her lung).

Whaaaaat?

How is this possible?

I grew up thinking my mother was a cross between Dirty Harry and Charles Bronson.  I always figured that if someone was ever stupid enough to shoot her, she'd pick the bullet out with her bare fingers and it would end up on the mantle as a reminder to everyone not to fuck with her.  She's not a violent person but she's got nerves of steel.  This whole experience sure has shown me I'm not so lucky.  My nerves are shot!

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear this Leigha...Keep your head up...I'm thinking of you down this way...Let us know how she's doing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I signed on today to finish this post and realized that I had published. Whoops. Instead of my planned finish, I just scribbled a quick last sentence and chalked it up to nerves. I'm on my last one. Mom's going to be ok but this really scared me. Thanks for your support Katie Sue!

    ReplyDelete